News and Announcements
Smithers Minor Hockey Association Raffle
Enter for your chance to win 10,000!
1st Prize – $10,000.00
2nd Prize – $500.00
3rd Prize – $250.00
Tickets $20.00ea or 3 for $50
Ticket Sales at Safeway & Canadian Tire
Buy your tickets online at
and click on the
Jan 12th 2019
Jan 19th, @1pm
The document SMHL_1654e__2019_Cash_Raffle_Poster__1_.pdf was attached to this post.
SMHA would like to welcome all out of town teams arriving for the annual 2018 Smithers Atoms Tournament sponsored by Bulkley Valley Credit Union.
Our hope is that you will thoroughly enjoy the weekend here in Smithers and have a safe drive here as well as you make your way back home.
A big Thank You to all who volunteer to make this years tournament another big success and again we thank BV Credit Union for being our major sponsor
The document 2018_ATOMS_SCHEDULE_Final.pdf was attached to this post.
The first 4 weeks of ice schedules have been release and can be accessed by clicking on the Week that can be found on the top right hand side of the home page
BC Hockey’s Regional Centre-North and North-West District will be hosting its first ever Super camp and clinic weekend in Smithers.
North West players, coaches and referee’s will be able to take part in a number of events August 24th-26.
Players can sign up for a Shooting and Scoring camp featuring former Prince George Cougar and current Cariboo Cougar Head Coach Tyler Brough. Here’s the link to sign up:
Referee’s will be able to take a clinic a little closer to home. Here’s the link for Levels 1,2, and 3 clinics:
Coaches can take their Coach-2. Here’s the link to sign up:
Coaches can take their Development One. Here’s the link to sign up:
REGISTRATION OPENS JUNE 18TH 2018. Sign up and pay before July 20th to get early bird prices! Note that if registration fees have not been received by July 20th, fees will be adjusted to full registration prices. Also, any players without full registration fees paid by September 15th will not be allowed on the ice.
We’re excited to let you know that SMHA has signed-up with PlayPay so you can make payments online. It’s fast, it’s easy, and you can make payments for free! Click here to create a PLAYPAY account prior to registering with Hockey Canada. The sign-up process is real quick, and you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to make payments. Any questions? Send an email to email@example.com.
1. with Hockey Canada:
• Write down your children’s Hockey Canada # as you will need this for the payment process with PlayPay. You can find this Hockey Canada # also on your printed receipt
• NOTE: Once you have completed the registration on the Hockey Canada page, you will receive an email that indicates the player’s Hockey Canada Number
• Double check your email address as this is important for communication lists.
• Print a receipt for your records.
Please click here access the Hockey Canada Registration Site
• Setup a payment account with PlayPay – the only way we are taking payment.
• Log in to your Playpay account. Under “my organizations” search and select Smithers Minor Hockey
• Enter the Hockey Canada # as the account #; then enter child’s First and Last name. This step will need to be done for each player being registered.
• Click “my payments” and then click “make a payment”.
• Select the association/player from the dropdown menu; Enter the payment reason (player’s division), payment amount, and click “Next”.
• Choose from one of four options to pay. There is a 2.5% convenience fee to pay by credit card. There is no cost to make payments by e-cheque (i.e., direct debit), bank payment or interac e-Transfer.
Please click here to access the Playpay.ca website
Please click on attached document
The document REGISTRATION_RATES_FOR_2018-2019_SEASON.pdf was attached to this post.